Friday, April 18, 2008
There are a lot of exciting things at The Museum of Modern Art right now.
1. There are signed copies of the Phil Frost art book. This book was originally published in a very limited edition in 2004. This new (2007) edition is not as limited, luckily, and they are now available places. The copies at the Museum Bookstore are signed! Phil Frost has incredible handwriting and if you buy the signed one at the museum it is like buying the book (with 164 pieces of art in it) with an original piece of art on it!
2. There is an exhibit of art books that was a lot of fun to look at. THERE IS A TABLE OF Brian Belott BOOKS! right as you are nearing the end. He is one of my favorite artists, and I was excited to see this whole table of a bunch of his handmade books.
3. You will need to see the Design and the Elastic Mind at least fourteen times. It is coming down May 12, so get to it!
4. Take your time: Olafur Eliasson made me feel a little weird.
5. The drawing show Glossolalia has a lot of work by really good drawers.