Tuesday, March 4, 2008

















There was a documentary made about one of my favorite artists, Gahan Wilson, that will hopefully soon be available on dvd. There are a lot of terrific shots of him drawing which is exciting to see. I hope that you have the chance to see it.

I was excited to hear that the artist Gary Panter, another one my favorites, is having a museum show that is opening this Sunday, March 9, 2008. It is at The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Mr. Panter also has a book coming out soon from PictureBox which looks like it will be great. He is doing some talks (Chris Ware is introducing the talk in Chicago and Matt Groening is introducing the artist in Los Angeles) at spots across the country and in Mexico. Mr. Panter is working on a bunch of good stuff and I am excited to see it all.

No comments: